Professional & Academic Background
I am a semi-retired architect with over 30 years of international experience. I hold an inter-disciplinary MA in Creativity and Design; am an award winning author (non-fiction) and the recipient of many professional and academic awards. As well, I am a well-received lecturer and speaker at several academic institutions.
University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Master of Arts. Creativity in Design of Virtual and Animated Environments.
- Bachelor of Arts, Archeology (Area of Study: China – Shang and Zhou)
Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
- Bachelor of Science, Architectural Studies, cum laude
- Bacheolor of architecture (Professional Degree), cum laude
University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
- DAAP – Historical Conservation & Preservation (3 year specialization)
- University Teaching Certificate
- Instructional Skills Workshop
- Ethical Conduct in Research Involving Humans
Honors & Awards
- Innovation in Engineering Award (UK)
- Trevithick Book Prize
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Student Scholarship
- Alberta Graduate Student Scholarship [4.0 GPA]
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honors Society [US]
- Golden Key National Honors Society [US]
- D.E. Brooks Memorial Scholarship for Architecture [US]
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honors Society [US]
- Presidential Award for Chinese Culture; Government of The ROC
Professional Practice (Most Recent)
- Studio Rovere Idea/Build Inc. (Private Practice) : Architecture, Planning, Interior Design, Publishing, Project Management.
- Joint Venture with Tip Scott Architects (Columbus, IN , Venice Beach & Pacific Palisades, CA). Consultant: Architectural Design; Urban Archaeology; Historical Preservation & Adaptive Reuse.